- To promote broader housing choices in Georgia
- To promote understanding of the Georgia Fair Housing Act and the Federal Fair Housing Act
- To encourage integrated communities and/or neighborhood
- To secure compliance with state and federal fair housing laws
- To eliminate discrimination in housing because race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, and familial status (having children in the household
- To punish those who violate the state or federal fair housing laws.
Click the following link below to view Fair Housing Laws:
Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968/Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988: http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/hce/title8.php